We are officially a certified KNX Partner
KNX is approved as an International Standard (ISO/IEC 14543-3) as well as an European Standard (CENELEC EN 50090 and CEN EN 13321-1) and Chinese Standard (GB/T 20965). KNX is therefore future proof. KNX products made by different manufacturers can be combined – the KNX trademark logo guarantees their interworking and interoperability. KNX is therefore the world´s only open Standard for the control in both commercial and residential buildings.
How KNX works
Basically, all devices in the installation have their own intelligence as opposed to a single device like other control systems. Therefore, if one device stops working, the system continues to work normally.
Even a “basic” keypad contains a microprocessor. All devices are individually addressed following strict addressing standards and then loaded with a program and parameters. The programming and configuration of the parameters allow the functions of the keypad say when button 1 is pressed to send a structured telegram onto the bus. This broadcasts the telegram to all devices. Only receiving devices within particular Group Addresses action the telegram. Importantly, the receiving device sends an acknowledgement to the sending device which ensures reliable communications.
A KNX system requires a more planning and programming time than most systems but once installed it offers robust and reliable Home and Building Control.
- There are over 370 manufactures of KNX products.
- A KNX installation can be extended by adding new components to the existing bus installation
- When one component fails the remaining system continues to function as normal
- Should a manufacturer cease trading, products from other manufacturers can be used rather than replacing the whole system
- Using a Bus wiring topology, reduces the cabling required compared to a “Star” wired systems.
- The software “Engineering Tool Software” (ETS) is manufacturer independent, the system integrator is able to combine products of different manufacturers
- Different communication media (twisted pair, radio frequency, power line or IP/Ethernet) to one installation.
Contact Us for more details